There are schools offering video game design programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Video Game Design Programs in Illinois
Elmhurst College, which is located in Elmhurst, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a video game design program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. 3 students graduated with a degree in video game design from Elmhurst College in 2010. Tuition at Elmhurst College was $28,660 per year.
North Central College, which is located in Naperville, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a video game design program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from North Central College video game design program. North Central College charged in-state students $28,224 in tuition fees per year.
DePaul University, which is located in Chicago, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a video game design program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 20 students graduated with degree in video game design from DePaul University in 2010. The tuition rate at DePaul University was $28,858 per year.
Tuition at Illinois' video game design schools ranges from $28,858 per year to $2,744 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,809 per year. The Illinois video game design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
- Elmhurst College - located in Elmhurst, students are charged $28,660 per year
- North Central College - located in Naperville, students are charged $28,224 per year
The video game design schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- McHenry County College - located in Crystal Lake, students are charged $2,744 per year
- Moraine Valley Community College - located in Palos Hills, students are charged $3,006 per year
- City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College - located in Chicago, students are charged $3,010 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in video game design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as video game design or computer animation.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Video Game Design in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Video Game Design in Illinois
- Certificate in Video Game Design in Illinois
Curious what studying Video Game Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Software Developers, Applications||14,760||$88,650|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||970||$59,310||26.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are video game design related jobs in Illinois