There are schools offering video production classes in Illinois!
Schools Offering Video Production Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois with a video production program is Northwestern University, which is located in Evanston. In 2010, it was ranked 7th nationwide. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Northwestern University's video production program. The tuition rate at Northwestern University was $40,223 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a video production program is University of Illinois at Chicago. University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. In 2010, University of Illinois at Chicago graduated 7 students from its video production program. University of Illinois at Chicago charged in-state students $12,053 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a video production program is University of Chicago. University of Chicago, which was ranked 55th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. 16 students graduated with degree in video production from University of Chicago in 2010. Tuition at University of Chicago was $42,041 per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois video production school, average tuition will be $20,967 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $10,468 per year to $42,041 per year. The Illinois video production schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $42,041 per year
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
The following Illinois video production schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale - located in Carbondale, students are charged $10,468 per year
- University of Illinois at Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $12,053 per year
- The Illinois Institute of Art-Schaumburg - located in Schaumburg, students are charged $17,388 per year
A video production degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from video production school in Illinois go on to work as a video producer. 720 video producers were working in Illinois in 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of video producers are:
- Cook County - 540 video producers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of video producers is expected to grow by 7% by 2018. There are projected to be 680 video producers working in the Illinois then.
A video producer in Illinois makes an average of $48,180 per year. In 2010, however, some Illinois video producers earned as little as less than $17,350 per year or as much as more than $83,420 per year. On average a video producer earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Cook County - $52,270 per year
For more data regarding a career in video production in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as art or audio engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Video Production in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Video Production in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Video Production in Illinois
Curious what studying Video Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture||720||$48,180||-24.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are video production related jobs in Illinois