There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Illinois
University of St Francis, which is located in Joliet, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 3 students graduated from University of St Francis' x ray technician program. The tuition rate at University of St Francis was $24,742 per year.
Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences, which is located in Rock Island, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences x ray technician program. The tuition rate at Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences was $13,532 per year.
Kaskaskia College, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Centralia. 35 students graduated with degree in x ray technician from Kaskaskia College in 2010. Kaskaskia College charged in-state students $2,816 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois x ray technician school, average tuition will be $4,179 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,194 per year to $24,742 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois x ray technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of St Francis - located in Joliet, students are charged $24,742 per year
- Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences - located in Rock Island, students are charged $13,532 per year
- Carl Sandburg College - located in Galesburg, students are charged $4,035 per year
The x ray technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Southwestern Illinois College - located in Belleville, students are charged $2,604 per year
- Richland Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $2,690 per year
A x ray technician degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of x ray technician graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a x ray technician. Illinois had 7,670 x ray technicians in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of x ray technicians work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 4,380 x ray technicians
- Marshall County - 490 x ray technicians
- Lake County - 410 x ray technicians
The government projects that the number of x ray technicians in Illinois will grow by 12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 8,470 x ray technicians working in Illinois.
A x ray technician in Illinois makes an average of $57,540 per year. On average a x ray technician earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Lake County - $63,150 per year
- Cook County - $62,100 per year
- Menard County - $55,020 per year
On average, x ray technicians earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Clark County - $47,220 per year
- Adams County - $47,350 per year
- Marshall County - $47,430 per year
For more data regarding a career in x ray technology in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Illinois
- Master's Degree in X Ray Technology in Illinois
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in Illinois
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||7,470||$56,070|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Illinois