There are schools offering accounting degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a accounting program is Indiana University-Bloomington. Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomington. 91 students graduated with a degree in accounting from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Students at Indiana University-Bloomington paid $9,028 per year in tuition fees.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a accounting program. It is located in West Lafayette. 160 students graduated with degree in accounting from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a accounting program is Butler University. Butler University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, 57 students graduated from Butler University accounting program. Tuition at Butler University was $30,558 per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana accounting school, average tuition will be $13,426 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,257 per year to $39,919 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Saint Mary's College - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $31,020 per year
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
The following Indiana accounting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $3,257 per year
An accounting degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Indiana pursue careers as an accountant. 17,970 accountants were working in Indiana in 2010. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Boone County - 8,240 accountants
- Allen County - 1,360 accountants
- Jasper County - 1,230 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 17% by 2018. There are projected to be 24,000 accountants working in the Indiana then.
An accountant in Indiana makes an average of $64,960 per year. In 2010, however, some Indiana accountants earned as little as less than $31,850 per year or as much as more than $109,170 per year. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for an accountant are:
- Benton County - $73,660 per year
- Boone County - $70,060 per year
- Clay County - $68,930 per year
An accountant in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Crawford County - $53,490 per year
- Delaware County - $55,220 per year
- Gibson County - $56,020 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Accounting in Indiana
- Certificate in Accounting in Indiana
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||37,540||$32,680||2.6%|
|Accountants and Auditors||17,970||$64,960||-5.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||10,260||$31,280||-11.1%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||3,880||$34,770||-16.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Indiana