There are schools offering acting classes in Indiana!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a acting program is Indiana University-Bloomington. Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomington. 50 students graduated with a degree in acting from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Students at Indiana University-Bloomington paid $9,028 per year in tuition fees.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a acting program. It is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, Purdue University-Main Campus graduated 42 students from its acting program. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a acting program is DePauw University. DePauw University, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Greencastle. DePauw University charged in-state students $34,905 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Indiana's acting schools ranges from $39,919 per year to $4,588 per year. But, the average tuition is $21,084 per year. The Indiana acting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
The following Indiana acting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana University-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $6,193 per year
An acting degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of acting graduates in Indiana pursue careers as an actor. Indiana had 420 actors in 2010. In Indiana, the largest numbers of actors work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 210 actors
The government projects that the number of actors in Indiana will grow by 20%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 630 actors working in Indiana.
On average, an actor earns a salary of $0 per year in Indiana state.
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in acting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Acting in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Indiana
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||790||$46,800||14.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Indiana