There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Indiana!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Indiana
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Indiana students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. That means an estimated 434 administrative assistants graduate from Indiana's 32 administrative assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a administrative assistant program is Ball State University, which is located in Muncie. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 35 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Ball State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Ball State University was $8,214 per year.
Oakland City University, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Oakland City. In 2010, 43 students graduated from Oakland City University administrative assistant program. Tuition at Oakland City University was $15,990 per year.
International Business College-Indianapolis, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Indianapolis. The tuition rate at International Business College-Indianapolis was $13,370 per year.
Tuition at Indiana's administrative assistant schools ranges from $21,700 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,901 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana administrative assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Grace College and Theological Seminary - located in Winona Lake, students are charged $21,700 per year
- Oakland City University - located in Oakland City, students are charged $15,990 per year
- International Business College-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $13,370 per year
The following Indiana administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast - located in Madison, students are charged $3,257 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana administrative assistant graduates become administrative assistants. 17,810 administrative assistants were working in Indiana in 2010. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of administrative assistants are:
- Boone County - 7,300 administrative assistants
- Jasper County - 1,400 administrative assistants
- St. Joseph County - 1,120 administrative assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 29,430 administrative assistants will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of administrative assistants to grow by 11%.
An administrative assistant in Indiana makes an average of $40,550 per year. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $24,750 per year or as much as more than $64,910 per year in Indiana. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Jasper County - $43,010 per year
- St. Joseph County - $42,490 per year
- Madison County - $42,010 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Greene County - $34,640 per year
- Adams County - $36,600 per year
- Delaware County - $37,280 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Indiana
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Indiana
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||61,500||$25,060||18.7%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||29,900||$30,780||-29.3%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||17,810||$40,550||-31.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Indiana