There are schools offering art classes in Indiana!
Schools Offering Art Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a art program is Indiana University-Bloomington, which is located in Bloomington. In 2010, it was ranked 18th nationwide. 180 students graduated with a degree in art from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Students at Indiana University-Bloomington paid $9,028 per year in tuition fees.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a art program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Purdue University-Main Campus graduated 82 students from its art program. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
DePauw University, which is located in Greencastle, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a art program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, DePauw University graduated 7 students from its art programs. Students at DePauw University paid $34,905 per year in tuition fees.
Art schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $17,774 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,919 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. In 2010, the art schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana art schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Southwest - located in Evansville, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
An art degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from art school in Indiana go on to work as an artist. If you decide to work as an artist in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 90 Indiana artists as of 2010. The largest populations of Indiana artists are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 30 artists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 300 artists will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of artists to grow by 9%.
An artist in Indiana earns $65,520 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. artists in Indiana had varying salaries from $24,040 to $100,600 per year in 2010. An artist in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Boone County - $61,850 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in art and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as animation or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Art in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Art in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Art in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Art in Indiana
- Certificate in Art in Indiana
Curious what studying Art gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||190||$46,420||-32.1%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||90||$65,520||-18.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are art related jobs in Indiana