There are schools offering automotive training in Indiana!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in Indiana
Each year, approximately 0.7% of Indiana graduates receive certificates in automotive repair. That means an estimated 1,215 automotive mechanics graduate from Indiana's 16 automotive schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a automotive program is Oakland City University. Oakland City University, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Oakland City. 1 students graduated with a certificate in automotive from Oakland City University in 2010. The tuition rate at Oakland City University was $15,990 per year.
Indiana State University, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a automotive program. It is located in Terre Haute. In 2010, Indiana State University graduated 14 students from its automotive program. Students at Indiana State University paid $7,714 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a automotive program is Lincoln College of Technology, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. In 2010, 901 students graduated from Lincoln College of Technology automotive program. Students at Lincoln College of Technology paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Indiana's automotive schools ranges from $15,990 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,211 per year. The Indiana automotive schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Oakland City University - located in Oakland City, students are charged $15,990 per year
- Indiana State University - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $7,714 per year
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
The automotive schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
An automotive certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from automotive school in Indiana go on to work as an automotive mechanic. In 2010, there were 11,090 automotive mechanics working in Indiana. The largest populations of Indiana automotive mechanics are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 3,220 automotive mechanics
- Jasper County - 1,020 automotive mechanics
- Allen County - 930 automotive mechanics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of automotive mechanics in the state of Indiana will grow to 16,040. This would require a 2% growth in the profession.
An automotive mechanic in Indiana makes an average of $36,600 per year. However, this number is only an average. automotive mechanics in Indiana had varying salaries from $15,860 to $66,520 per year in 2010. An automotive mechanic in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Boone County - $40,820 per year
- Jasper County - $40,500 per year
- Madison County - $38,930 per year
An automotive mechanic in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- Crawford County - $28,660 per year
- Adams County - $30,060 per year
- Blackford County - $30,080 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in automotive repair. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Automotive Repair in Indiana
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in Indiana
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||11,090||$36,600||-21.6%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||7,230||$39,380||3.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in Indiana