There are schools offering biochemistry courses in Indiana!
Schools Offering Biochemistry Programs in Indiana
Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a biochemistry program. It is located in Bloomington. 52 students graduated with a degree in biochemistry from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Tuition at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a biochemistry program is Purdue University-Main Campus. Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in West Lafayette. 24 students graduated with degree in biochemistry from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Purdue University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,070 in tuition fees per year.
DePauw University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a biochemistry program. It is located in Greencastle. In 2010, DePauw University graduated 30 students from its biochemistry programs. Students at DePauw University paid $34,905 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Indiana biochemistry school, average tuition will be $22,499 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,588 per year to $39,919 per year. In 2010, the biochemistry schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $38,470 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
The biochemistry schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- Indiana University-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $6,290 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
A biochemistry degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana biochemistry graduates become biochemists. 370 biochemists were working in Indiana in 2010. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of biochemists are:
- Boone County
A biochemist in Indiana makes an average of $75,190 per year. In 2010, however, some Indiana biochemists earned as little as less than $40,390 per year or as much as more than $138,210 per year. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for biochemists:
- Boone County - $65,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in biochemistry in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as biology or chemistry, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Biochemistry in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Biochemistry in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Biochemistry in Indiana
Curious what studying Biochemistry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||2,330||$73,430||-32.1%|
|Biochemists and Biophysicists||370||$75,190||-43.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biochemistry related jobs in Indiana