There are schools offering biology degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Biology Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a biology program is Indiana University-Bloomington. Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomington. 379 students graduated with a degree in biology from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Students at Indiana University-Bloomington paid $9,028 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a biology program is Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. In 2010, 237 students graduated from Purdue University-Main Campus biology program. The tuition rate at Purdue University-Main Campus was $9,070 per year.
DePauw University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a biology program. It is located in Greencastle. In 2010, 46 students graduated from DePauw University biology program. The tuition rate at DePauw University was $34,905 per year.
Biology schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $17,433 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,919 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana biology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $38,470 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
The following Indiana biology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in biology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as biomedical engineering or biology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Biology in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Biology in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Biology in Indiana
Curious what studying Biology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health||820||$55,710||-3.5%|
|Soil and Plant Scientists||190||$56,790||5.6%|
|Biological Scientists, All Other||150||$61,550|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biology related jobs in Indiana