There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Indiana!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Indiana
Around 0.3% of Indiana's graduates graduate from bookkeeping certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 599 bookkeeping clerks graduate from Indiana's 24 bookkeeping schools.
International Business College, which is located in Fort Wayne, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. 12 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from International Business College in 2010. Tuition at International Business College was $13,080 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a bookkeeping program is Trine University. Trine University, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Angola. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Trine University bookkeeping program. The tuition rate at Trine University was $25,400 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 77th in the country in 2010. 28 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis in 2010. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Indiana bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $6,314 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,257 per year to $25,400 per year. The Indiana bookkeeping schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Trine University - located in Angola, students are charged $25,400 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $18,048 per year
- International Business College - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $13,080 per year
The bookkeeping schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. In 2010, there were 37,540 bookkeeping clerks working in Indiana. The largest populations of Indiana bookkeeping clerks are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 11,520 bookkeeping clerks
- Jasper County - 3,540 bookkeeping clerks
- Adams County - 2,780 bookkeeping clerks
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of bookkeeping clerks is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 47,840 bookkeeping clerks working in the Indiana then.
On average, bookkeeping clerks earn $32,680 per year. However, Indiana bookkeeping clerks earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,070 per year to more than $50,630 per year in 2010. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a bookkeeping clerk are:
- Boone County - $35,600 per year
- Madison County - $33,110 per year
- Elkhart County - $33,040 per year
On average, bookkeeping clerks earns the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Clay County - $29,420 per year
- Howard County - $29,450 per year
- Delaware County - $29,790 per year
For more data regarding a career in bookkeeping in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Bookkeeping in Indiana
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Indiana
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||37,540||$32,680||2.6%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||10,260||$31,280||-11.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Indiana