There are schools offering business administration degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Indiana
Each year, roughly 3.8% of Indiana students graduate with degrees in business administration. In other words, every year an estimated 6,787 general managers graduate from Indiana's 79 business administration schools.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a business administration program. It is located in West Lafayette. 1,173 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at Purdue University-Main Campus was $9,070 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a business administration program is Butler University. Butler University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. 81 students graduated with degree in business administration from Butler University in 2010. Butler University charged in-state students $30,558 in tuition fees per year.
Taylor University, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a business administration program. It is located in Upland. 65 students graduated with degree in business administration from Taylor University in 2010. Taylor University charged in-state students $26,383 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Indiana's business administration schools ranges from $39,919 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,447 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- Saint Mary's College - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $31,020 per year
The business administration schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Richmond - located in Richmond, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
A business administration degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana business administration graduates become general managers. In 2010, there were 22,480 general managers working in Indiana. In Indiana, the largest numbers of general managers work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 8,460 general managers
- Allen County - 1,790 general managers
- Jasper County - 1,720 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in Indiana will shrink by -2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 23,660 general managers working in Indiana.
A general manager in Indiana makes an average of $111,030 per year. In 2010, however, some Indiana general managers earned as little as less than $41,830 per year or as much as more than $153,800 per year. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- Elkhart County - $121,140 per year
- Bartholomew County - $120,840 per year
- Boone County - $117,540 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Clay County - $92,910 per year
- Crawford County - $95,300 per year
- Madison County - $98,280 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Indiana
- Certificate in Business Administration in Indiana
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||22,480||$111,030||-24.0%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,480||$72,240||3.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Indiana