There are schools offering business degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Indiana
Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a business program. It is located in Bloomington. 911 students graduated with a degree in business from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Students at Indiana University-Bloomington paid $9,028 per year in tuition fees.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a business program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1,333 students graduated from Purdue University-Main Campus business program. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
Butler University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a business program. It is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, 251 students graduated from Butler University business program. Tuition at Butler University was $30,558 per year.
Business schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $13,071 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,919 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- Saint Mary's College - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $31,020 per year
The following Indiana business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast - located in Madison, students are charged $3,257 per year
A business degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs business graduates in Indiana pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. In 2010, there were 81,990 business professional working in Indiana, including 7,030 business analysts, 4,010 chief executive officers, and 22,480 operations managers. In Indiana, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 33,810 business professionals
- Allen County - 6,470 business professionals
- Jasper County - 5,490 business professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 97,840 business professionals will be working in Indiana. This would require the number of business professional to grow by 12%.
business professionals in Indiana make an average of $81,226 per year. However, Indiana business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,270 per year to more than $166,260 per year in 2010. Business professionals in the following Indiana counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Bartholomew County - $105,645 per year
- Howard County - $90,654 per year
- LaPorte County - $89,767 per year
On average, business professionals earn the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Madison County - $70,540 per year
- Blackford County - $75,207 per year
- Crawford County - $75,805 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $171,110 per year
- Operations Manager - $111,030 per year
- Financial Manager - $102,610 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Loan Officer - $58,350 per year
- Credit Counselor - $40,440 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Business in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Indiana
- Certificate in Business in Indiana
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||22,480||$111,030||-24.0%|
|Accountants and Auditors||17,970||$64,960||-5.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,480||$72,240||3.3%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,230||$75,910||19.9%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||1,940||$98,180||59.0%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,170||$90,910|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Indiana