There are schools offering communications degreess in Indiana!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Indiana
Each year, approximately 0.8% of Indiana graduates receive degrees in communications. That means an estimated 1,400 communications professionals graduate from Indiana's 39 communications schools each year.
Indiana University-Bloomington, which is located in Bloomington, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. 460 students graduated with a degree in communications from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Indiana University-Bloomington charged in-state students $9,028 in tuition fees per year.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a communications program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. 261 students graduated with degree in communications from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Purdue University-Main Campus charged in-state students $9,070 in tuition fees per year.
DePauw University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a communications program. It is located in Greencastle. In 2010, DePauw University graduated 66 students from its communications programs. Tuition at DePauw University was $34,905 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's communications schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,836 per year, though tuition can range from $36,694 per year to $3,257 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
- Saint Mary's College - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $31,020 per year
The following Indiana communications schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana University-East - located in Richmond, students are charged $6,069 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Communications in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Indiana
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||2,590||$49,090||5.7%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||1,300||$23,030||54.8%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||890||$39,180||-23.9%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||700||$34,020||-44.0%|
|Writers and Authors||690||$40,560||109.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Indiana