There are schools offering computer networking courses in Indiana!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Indiana
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Indiana students graduate with degrees in computer networking. In other words, every year an estimated 290 computer network administrators graduate from Indiana's 25 computer networking schools.
Oakland City University, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a computer networking program. It is located in Oakland City. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Oakland City University's computer networking program. The tuition rate at Oakland City University was $15,990 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a computer networking program is International Business College-Indianapolis. International Business College-Indianapolis, which was ranked 61st in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, International Business College-Indianapolis graduated 4 students from its computer networking program. International Business College-Indianapolis charged in-state students $13,370 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne, which is located in Fort Wayne, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 73rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne graduated 26 students from its computer networking programs. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne was $18,048 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,576 per year, though tuition can range from $22,420 per year to $3,257 per year. In 2010, the computer networking schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Indiana Institute of Technology - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $22,420 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer networking schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-South Central - located in Sellersburg, students are charged $3,257 per year
A computer networking degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana computer networking graduates become computer network administrators. Indiana had 5,980 computer network administrators in 2010. The largest populations of Indiana computer network administrators are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 2,440 computer network administrators
- Allen County - 570 computer network administrators
- Jasper County - 410 computer network administrators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of computer network administrators is expected to grow by 17% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,960 computer network administrators working in the Indiana then.
A computer network administrator in Indiana earns $60,800 per year on average. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a computer network administrator are:
- Boone County - $66,850 per year
- Bartholomew County - $62,940 per year
- Madison County - $61,990 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- Crawford County - $48,310 per year
- Blackford County - $51,690 per year
- Clay County - $52,590 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Indiana
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Indiana
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||300||$49,960||87.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Indiana