There are schools offering computer programming courses in Indiana!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Indiana
Around 0.0% of Indiana's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. That means an estimated 41 computer programmers graduate from Indiana's 22 computer programming schools each year.
Valparaiso University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a computer programming program. It is located in Valparaiso. In 2010, Valparaiso University graduated no students from its computer programming program. The tuition rate at Valparaiso University was $29,582 per year.
Indiana Wesleyan University, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a computer programming program. It is located in Marion. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University computer programming program. Students at Indiana Wesleyan University paid $21,214 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a computer programming program is Indiana University-South Bend, which is located in South Bend. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Indiana University-South Bend computer programming program. Students at Indiana University-South Bend paid $6,290 per year in tuition fees.
Computer programming schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $10,394 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,582 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
- Trine University - located in Angola, students are charged $25,400 per year
- Indiana Wesleyan University - located in Marion, students are charged $21,214 per year
The computer programming schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $3,257 per year
A computer programming degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer programming graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a computer programmer. If you decide to work as a computer programmer in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,890 Indiana computer programmers as of 2010. The largest populations of Indiana computer programmers are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 2,730 computer programmers
- Allen County - 400 computer programmers
- Benton County - 290 computer programmers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer programmers in the state of Indiana will shrink to 5,320. This would require a -5% decline in the profession.
On average, a computer programmer earns a salary of $68,190 per year in Indiana state. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Howard County - $81,930 per year
- Delaware County - $75,890 per year
- Gibson County - $75,670 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Adams County - $48,840 per year
- St. Joseph County - $50,150 per year
- Elkhart County - $54,460 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in computer programming. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Indiana
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Indiana
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||300||$49,960||87.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Indiana