There are schools offering counseling degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Counseling Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a counseling program is Indiana University-Bloomington. Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomington. In 2010, 84 students graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington's counseling program. Tuition at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a counseling program is Butler University. Butler University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, Butler University graduated 17 students from its counseling program. Students at Butler University paid $30,558 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a counseling program is Taylor University, which is located in Upland. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, Taylor University graduated 12 students from its counseling programs. Tuition at Taylor University was $26,383 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's counseling schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,867 per year, though tuition can range from $30,558 per year to $4,588 per year. In 2010, the counseling schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
- Taylor University - located in Upland, students are charged $26,383 per year
The counseling schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- Indiana University-Southeast - located in New Albany, students are charged $6,163 per year
- Indiana University-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $6,290 per year
For more data regarding a career in counseling in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or forensic psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Counseling in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Counseling in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Counseling in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Counseling in Indiana
Curious what studying Counseling gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors||4,550||$55,120||16.1%|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||1,300||$67,610||8.3%|
|Mental Health Counselors||930||$42,240||-34.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are counseling related jobs in Indiana