There are schools offering criminal justice degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Criminal Justice Programs in Indiana
Around 0.9% of Indiana's graduates graduate from criminal justice degree programs every year. That means an estimated 1,676 criminal justice professionals graduate from Indiana's 61 criminal justice schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a criminal justice program is Indiana University-Bloomington. Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomington. In 2010, 147 students graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington's criminal justice program. Tuition at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
Butler University, which is located in Indianapolis, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a criminal justice program. It received a ranking of 30th in the country in 2010. 1 students graduated with degree in criminal justice from Butler University in 2010. Butler University charged in-state students $30,558 in tuition fees per year.
Taylor University, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a criminal justice program. It is located in Upland. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Taylor University criminal justice program. Taylor University charged in-state students $26,383 in tuition fees per year.
Criminal justice schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $11,355 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,558 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana criminal justice schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
- Taylor University - located in Upland, students are charged $26,383 per year
- Trine University - located in Angola, students are charged $25,400 per year
The criminal justice schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-South Central - located in Sellersburg, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast - located in Madison, students are charged $3,257 per year
A criminal justice degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Special agent, private detective, security guard, bailiff, and transit police officer are the professions of choice for a majority of criminal justice graduates in Indiana. In 2010, there were 31,580 criminal justice professional working in Indiana, including 8,290 correctional officers, 1,070 special agents, and 820 private detectives. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of criminal justice professional are:
- Boone County - 11,450 criminal justice professionals
- Jasper County - 3,010 criminal justice professionals
- Allen County - 2,250 criminal justice professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of criminal justice professionals is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 37,610 criminal justice professionals working in Indiana then. Of these 37,610 criminal justice professionals, the government predicts that 9,850 will be correctional officers, 1,380 will be special agents, and 600 will be private detectives.
On average, criminal justice professionals earn a salary of $41,029 per year in Indiana state. In 2010, however, some Indiana criminal justice professional earned as little as less than $15,300 per year or as much as more than $130,760 per year. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for criminal justice professionals are:
- Boone County - $43,408 per year
- Jasper County - $38,966 per year
- Benton County - $38,885 per year
Criminal justice professionals in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- LaPorte County - $25,740 per year
- Madison County - $29,600 per year
- Blackford County - $30,075 per year
The criminal justice professionals with highest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Special Agent - $57,140 per year
- Transit Police Officer - $57,110 per year
- Private Detective - $42,200 per year
The criminal justice professionals with lowest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Correctional Officer - $32,110 per year
- Security Guard - $26,230 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in criminal justice. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as criminology or forensic science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Criminal Justice in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Criminal Justice in Indiana
Curious what studying Criminal Justice gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Correctional Officers and Jailers||8,290||$32,110||16.1%|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||3,580||$40,300||28.8%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||1,070||$57,140||0.0%|
|Private Detectives and Investigators||820||$42,200||115.8%|
|Transit and Railroad Police||40||$57,110|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are criminal justice related jobs in Indiana