There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Indiana!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Indiana
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Michigan
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Illinois
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Ohio
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Wisconsin
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in West Virginia
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Kentucky
- See All Schools in Indiana
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Indiana students graduate with degrees in early childhood education. That means an estimated 363 early childhood education professionals graduate from Indiana's 35 early childhood education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a early childhood education program is Indiana University-Bloomington, which is located in Bloomington. In 2010, it was ranked 18th nationwide. 16 students graduated with a degree in early childhood education from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Tuition at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a early childhood education program is Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. 9 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Tuition at Purdue University-Main Campus was $9,070 per year.
Butler University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a early childhood education program. It is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, 37 students graduated from Butler University early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Butler University was $30,558 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's early childhood education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,452 per year, though tuition can range from $30,558 per year to $3,257 per year. In 2010, the early childhood education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
- Taylor University - located in Upland, students are charged $26,383 per year
- Saint Josephs College - located in Rensselaer, students are charged $25,260 per year
The early childhood education schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Richmond - located in Richmond, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $3,257 per year
An early childhood education degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director are the professions of choice for a majority of early childhood education graduates in Indiana. In 2010, there were 36,620 early childhood education professional working in Indiana, including 5,270 preschool teachers, 2,680 kindergarten teachers, and 28,030 elementary school teachers. In Indiana, the largest numbers of early childhood education professional work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 9,920 early childhood education professionals
- Jasper County - 4,480 early childhood education professionals
- Blackford County - 3,180 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of early childhood education professionals in the state of Indiana will grow to 9,790. This would require a 14% growth in the field.
On average, early childhood education professionals earn $40,993 per year. But, salaries for early childhood education professional can vary. In 2010, early childhood education professional made as little as less than $15,640 per year or as much as more than $88,050 per year in Indiana. Early childhood education professionals in the following Indiana counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Jasper County - $44,993 per year
- Benton County - $43,983 per year
- St. Joseph County - $42,265 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for early childhood education professional:
- Bartholomew County - $24,840 per year
- Blackford County - $38,280 per year
- Gibson County - $38,387 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $48,550 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $47,070 per year
- Preschool Director - $43,350 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Preschool Director - $43,350 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $25,000 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Indiana
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education in Indiana
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||28,030||$48,550||0.3%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||5,270||$25,000||6.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,680||$47,070||13.6%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||640||$43,350||-25.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Indiana