There are schools offering education degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Education Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a education program is Indiana University-Bloomington. Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomington. 1,204 students graduated with a degree in education from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Tuition at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a education program is Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. In 2010, Purdue University-Main Campus graduated 627 students from its education program. Tuition at Purdue University-Main Campus was $9,070 per year.
DePauw University, which is located in Greencastle, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a education program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 22 students graduated with degree in education from DePauw University in 2010. DePauw University charged in-state students $34,905 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Indiana's education schools ranges from $39,919 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,507 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
The following Indiana education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Southeast - located in Madison, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $3,257 per year
An education degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Postsecondary vocational teacher, social science teacher, postsecondary teacher, elementary school teacher, and business teacher are the professions of choice for a majority of education graduates in Indiana. 59,990 education professionals were working in Indiana in 2010. Of these, 1,160 were instructional coordinators. In addition, 2,650 were postsecondary vocational teachers, and 60 were social science teachers. In Indiana, the largest numbers of education professional work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 16,500 education professionals
- Jasper County - 5,850 education professionals
- Adams County - 4,170 education professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of education professionals in the state of Indiana will grow to 4,700. This would require a 18% growth in the field.
education professionals in Indiana earn $59,304 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Education professional in Indiana had varying salaries from $15,670 to $150,470 per year in 2010. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for education professionals:
- Boone County - $61,905 per year
- St. Joseph County - $59,915 per year
- Clay County - $58,107 per year
On average, education professionals earn the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Madison County - $44,573 per year
- Howard County - $45,783 per year
- Crawford County - $47,242 per year
On average, the highest paid education professionals in Indiana were:
- Computer Science Teacher - $79,310 per year
- Health Specialties Teacher - $78,470 per year
- Business Teacher - $75,910 per year
On average, the lowest paid education professionals in Indiana were:
- Middle School Teacher - $47,660 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $47,070 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as teaching or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Education in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Education in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Education in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Education in Indiana
- Certificate in Education in Indiana
Curious what studying Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||28,030||$48,550||0.3%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||12,210||$47,660||5.6%|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||3,190||$64,480||11.1%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,680||$47,070||13.6%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,650||$48,810||113.7%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,230||$75,910||19.9%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||1,860||$78,470|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||1,770||$59,140||51.3%|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||1,310||$66,860||31.0%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||1,050||$48,680||1.0%|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||860||$79,310||2.4%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||630||$61,400||96.9%|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School||300||$51,960||0.0%|
|Social Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary, All Other||60||$57,110|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are education related jobs in Indiana