There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Indiana
Around 0.6% of Indiana's graduates graduate from educational leadership degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,097 educational leadership professonals graduate from Indiana's 17 educational leadership schools.
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a educational leadership program is Indiana University-Bloomington, which is located in Bloomington. In 2010, it was ranked 18th nationwide. 70 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. Indiana University-Bloomington charged in-state students $9,028 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a educational leadership program is Butler University, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Butler University educational leadership program. Butler University charged in-state students $30,558 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a educational leadership program is Taylor University. Taylor University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Upland. 19 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from Taylor University in 2010. Students at Taylor University paid $26,383 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Indiana educational leadership school, average tuition will be $17,164 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $6,193 per year to $39,919 per year. The Indiana educational leadership schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
- Taylor University - located in Upland, students are charged $26,383 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indiana University-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $6,193 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $6,545 per year
- Indiana State University - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $7,714 per year
An educational leadership degree from an Indiana school... what next?
educational leadership graduates in Indiana can go into a variety of professions such as preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. Indiana had 7,720 educational leadership professonals in 2010. 4,200 of these educational leadership professonals were middle school principals, 640 were preschool directors, and 2,250 were deans. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of educational leadership professonal are:
- Boone County - 1,880 educational leadership professonals
- Jasper County - 690 educational leadership professonals
- Allen County - 560 educational leadership professonals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 7,530 educational leadership professonals will be working in Indiana. This would require the number of educational leadership professonal to grow by 12%.
educational leadership professonals in Indiana make an average of $66,563 per year. In 2010, however, some Indiana educational leadership professonal earned as little as less than $26,220 per year or as much as more than $145,180 per year. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Madison County - $92,870 per year
- Elkhart County - $84,870 per year
- Clay County - $78,700 per year
On average, educational leadership professonals earn the least in the following Indiana counties:
- St. Joseph County - $61,880 per year
- Allen County - $67,337 per year
- Boone County - $67,833 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Dean - $81,040 per year
- Middle School Principal - $80,460 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $61,400 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $61,400 per year
- Preschool Director - $43,350 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in educational leadership. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Indiana
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,200||$80,460||10.2%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||2,250||$81,040||45.2%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||640||$43,350||-25.6%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||630||$61,400||96.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Indiana