There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Indiana
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Indiana students graduate with degrees in electrical engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 457 electrical engineers graduate from Indiana's 21 electrical engineering schools.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 106 students graduated from Purdue University-Main Campus' electrical engineering program. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis graduated 47 students from its electrical engineering program. Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis charged in-state students $7,885 in tuition fees per year.
Indiana State University, which is located in Terre Haute, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a electrical engineering program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Indiana State University graduated 39 students from its electrical engineering programs. Students at Indiana State University paid $7,714 per year in tuition fees.
Electrical engineering schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $8,088 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,048 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. In 2010, the electrical engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- ITT Technical Institute-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Indiana electrical engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-South Central - located in Sellersburg, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
An electrical engineering degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of electrical engineering graduates in Indiana pursue careers as an electrical engineer. In 2010, there were 2,830 electrical engineers working in Indiana. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of electrical engineers are:
- Boone County - 680 electrical engineers
- Allen County - 510 electrical engineers
- Howard County - 320 electrical engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,610 electrical engineers will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of electrical engineers to shrink by -3%.
On average, electrical engineers earn $77,310 per year. However, this number is only an average. electrical engineers in Indiana had varying salaries from $29,710 to $129,810 per year in 2010. On average an electrical engineer earns the most in the following Indiana counties:
- Howard County - $88,560 per year
- Crawford County - $85,960 per year
- Allen County - $81,930 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for electrical engineers:
- Elkhart County - $62,640 per year
- St. Joseph County - $64,520 per year
- Blackford County - $67,880 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Indiana
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||3,010||$57,330||-10.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Indiana