There are schools offering EMT training in Indiana!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Indiana
Around 0.1% of Indiana's graduates graduate from emergency medical training certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 91 emergency medical technicians graduate from Indiana's 13 EMT schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a EMT program is Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis. Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. 6 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis in 2010. Tuition at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis was $7,885 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a EMT program is Purdue University-Calumet Campus. Purdue University-Calumet Campus, which was ranked 48th in the country in 2010, is located in Hammond. 0 students graduated with certificate in EMT from Purdue University-Calumet Campus in 2010. Students at Purdue University-Calumet Campus paid $6,181 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a EMT program is Vincennes University, which is located in Vincennes. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. In 2010, Vincennes University graduated 3 students from its EMT programs. Vincennes University charged in-state students $4,588 in tuition fees per year.
Emt schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $3,940 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $7,885 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. The Indiana EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
- Purdue University-Calumet Campus - located in Hammond, students are charged $6,181 per year
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
The EMT schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
An EMT certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana EMT graduates become emergency medical technicians. Indiana had 5,680 emergency medical technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Indiana emergency medical technicians are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 1,730 emergency medical technicians
- Jasper County - 740 emergency medical technicians
- Crawford County - 460 emergency medical technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of emergency medical technicians is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,580 emergency medical technicians working in the Indiana then.
On average, emergency medical technicians earn $29,890 per year. In 2010, however, some Indiana emergency medical technicians earned as little as less than $16,640 per year or as much as more than $54,970 per year. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for an emergency medical technician are:
- Clay County - $31,740 per year
- St. Joseph County - $31,490 per year
- Boone County - $31,160 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for emergency medical technicians:
- Madison County - $24,780 per year
- Allen County - $26,980 per year
- Jasper County - $28,450 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Indiana
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||5,680||$29,890||16.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Indiana