There are schools offering ESL classes in Indiana!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in Indiana
Indiana University-Bloomington, which is located in Bloomington, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with a degree in ESL from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. The tuition rate at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
Valparaiso University, which is located in Valparaiso, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 9 students graduated with degree in ESL from Valparaiso University in 2010. Valparaiso University charged in-state students $29,582 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a ESL program is Ball State University. Ball State University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Muncie. 6 students graduated with degree in ESL from Ball State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Ball State University was $8,214 per year.
Tuition at Indiana's ESL schools ranges from $29,582 per year to $6,545 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,257 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
- Goshen College - located in Goshen, students are charged $24,500 per year
- Indiana Wesleyan University - located in Marion, students are charged $21,214 per year
The ESL schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $6,545 per year
- Indiana State University - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $7,714 per year
- Ball State University - located in Muncie, students are charged $8,214 per year
An ESL degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ESL school in Indiana go on to work as an english language teacher. Indiana had 1,770 english language teachers in 2010. In Indiana, the largest numbers of english language teachers work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 380 english language teachers
- St. Joseph County - 290 english language teachers
- Gibson County - 130 english language teachers
On average, an english language teacher earns a salary of $59,140 per year in Indiana state. But, salaries for english language teachers can vary. In 2010, english language teachers made as little as less than $25,380 per year or as much as more than $103,750 per year in Indiana. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for an english language teacher are:
- Clay County - $67,740 per year
- St. Joseph County - $65,230 per year
- Allen County - $61,310 per year
On average, english language teachers earns the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Jasper County - $52,350 per year
- Blackford County - $58,990 per year
- Allen County - $61,310 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in ESL. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Esl in Indiana
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,680||$47,070||13.6%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||1,770||$59,140||51.3%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||1,050||$48,680||1.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in Indiana