There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a graphic design program is Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. 6 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a graphic design program is Indiana Wesleyan University, which is located in Marion. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University graphic design program. Indiana Wesleyan University charged in-state students $21,214 in tuition fees per year.
University of Evansville, which is located in Evansville, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Evansville graduated 1 students from its graphic design programs. University of Evansville charged in-state students $28,076 in tuition fees per year.
Graphic design schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $18,330 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $28,076 per year, or as little as $4,588 per year. The Indiana graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College - located in Saint Mary Of The Woods, students are charged $24,500 per year
- Indiana Institute of Technology - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $22,420 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- Purdue University-Main Campus - located in West Lafayette, students are charged $9,070 per year
- Oakland City University - located in Oakland City, students are charged $15,990 per year
A graphic design degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a graphic designer. Indiana had 3,170 graphic designers in 2010. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of graphic designers are:
- Boone County - 1,240 graphic designers
- Allen County - 240 graphic designers
- Jasper County - 230 graphic designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of graphic designers in the state of Indiana will grow to 5,450. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
On average, graphic designers earn $39,400 per year. However, Indiana graphic designers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,020 per year to more than $71,730 per year in 2010. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following Indiana counties:
- Benton County - $42,580 per year
- Boone County - $42,220 per year
- Elkhart County - $42,150 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in Indiana make the lowest salaries on average:
- LaPorte County - $29,070 per year
- Clay County - $31,210 per year
- Blackford County - $31,940 per year
For more data regarding a career in graphic design in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Indiana
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Indiana