There are schools offering health information programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Indiana
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Indiana receive health information degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 83 health information technicians graduate from Indiana's 14 health information schools.
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a health information program is Indiana University-Northwest. Indiana University-Northwest, which was ranked 53rd in the country in 2010, is located in Gary. 16 students graduated with a degree in health information from Indiana University-Northwest in 2010. Tuition at Indiana University-Northwest was $6,193 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a health information program. It is located in Fort Wayne. The tuition rate at ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne was $18,048 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a health information program. It is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, 23 students graduated from ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis health information program. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis was $18,048 per year.
Tuition at Indiana's health information schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,359 per year. In 2010, the health information schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- ITT Technical Institute-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
A health information degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of health information graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a health information technician. Indiana had 4,280 health information technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Indiana health information technicians are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 1,210 health information technicians
- Jasper County - 500 health information technicians
- Gibson County - 310 health information technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of health information technicians is expected to grow by 20% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,880 health information technicians working in the Indiana then.
A health information technician in Indiana earns $31,630 per year on average. However, Indiana health information technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,790 per year to more than $66,710 per year in 2010. A health information technician in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Madison County - $40,640 per year
- Crawford County - $33,380 per year
- Boone County - $33,110 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for health information technicians are:
- St. Joseph County - $28,190 per year
- Gibson County - $28,500 per year
- Greene County - $29,340 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in health information and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Indiana
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,280||$31,630||-2.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Indiana