There are schools offering history degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering History Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a history program is Indiana University-Bloomington. Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomington. 134 students graduated with a degree in history from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. The tuition rate at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a history program is Purdue University-Main Campus. Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in West Lafayette. 82 students graduated with degree in history from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
DePauw University, which is located in Greencastle, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a history program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 23 students graduated from DePauw University history program. DePauw University charged in-state students $34,905 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana history school, average tuition will be $19,222 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,588 per year to $39,919 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana history schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
The following Indiana history schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana University-Southeast - located in New Albany, students are charged $6,163 per year
A history degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of history graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a historian. If you decide to work as a historian in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 30 Indiana historians as of 2010. In Indiana, the largest numbers of historians work in the following counties:
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of historians is expected to grow by 32% by 2018. There are projected to be 80 historians working in the Indiana then.
A historian in Indiana makes an average of $37,950 per year.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in history and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Indiana
- Master's Degree in History in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in History in Indiana
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Indiana