There are schools offering LPN programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a LPN program is Marion Community Schools Tucker Career & Technology, which is located in Marion. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 30 students graduated with a certificate in LPN from Marion Community Schools Tucker Career & Technology in 2010.
Everest College-Merrillville, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a LPN program. It is located in Merrillville. In 2010, 68 students graduated from Everest College-Merrillville LPN program.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a LPN program is J Everett Light Career Center. J Everett Light Career Center, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, J Everett Light Career Center graduated 69 students from its LPN programs. J Everett Light Career Center charged in-state students $15,000 in tuition fees per year.
Lpn schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $5,810 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $15,000 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. The Indiana LPN schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- J Everett Light Career Center - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $15,000 per year
- MedTech College-Ft. Wayne Campus - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $14,434 per year
- MedTech College - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $14,434 per year
The LPN schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
A LPN certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of LPN graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a licensed practical nurse. In 2010, there were 20,890 licensed practical nurses working in Indiana. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of licensed practical nurses are:
- Boone County - 5,520 licensed practical nurses
- Jasper County - 1,820 licensed practical nurses
- Adams County - 1,740 licensed practical nurses
The government projects that the number of licensed practical nurses in Indiana will grow by 22%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 24,700 licensed practical nurses working in Indiana.
A licensed practical nurse in Indiana makes an average of $38,100 per year. But, salaries for licensed practical nurses can vary. In 2010, licensed practical nurses made as little as less than $25,420 per year or as much as more than $52,720 per year in Indiana. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for licensed practical nurses:
- Jasper County - $41,880 per year
- Boone County - $40,430 per year
- Benton County - $38,810 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for licensed practical nurses:
- Bartholomew County - $35,160 per year
- Howard County - $35,250 per year
- Clay County - $35,860 per year
For more data regarding a career in nursing in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Indiana
- Certificate in Nursing in Indiana
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||20,890||$38,100||14.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Indiana