There are schools offering LVN programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a LVN program is Marion Community Schools Tucker Career & Technology, which is located in Marion. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 30 students graduated with a certificate in LVN from Marion Community Schools Tucker Career & Technology in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a LVN program is Everest College-Merrillville, which is located in Merrillville. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 68 students graduated with certificate in LVN from Everest College-Merrillville in 2010.
J Everett Light Career Center, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a LVN program. It is located in Indianapolis. 69 students graduated with certificate in LVN from J Everett Light Career Center in 2010. J Everett Light Career Center charged in-state students $15,000 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana LVN school, average tuition will be $5,810 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,257 per year to $15,000 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana LVN schools were charged at the following schools:
- J Everett Light Career Center - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $15,000 per year
- MedTech College-Ft. Wayne Campus - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $14,434 per year
- MedTech College - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $14,434 per year
The LVN schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
A LVN certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana LVN graduates become licensed vocational nurses. If you decide to work as a licensed vocational nurse in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 20,890 Indiana licensed vocational nurses as of 2010. In Indiana, the largest numbers of licensed vocational nurses work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 5,520 licensed vocational nurses
- Jasper County - 1,820 licensed vocational nurses
- Adams County - 1,740 licensed vocational nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of licensed vocational nurses in the state of Indiana will grow to 24,700. This would require a 22% growth in the profession.
A licensed vocational nurse in Indiana makes an average of $38,100 per year. However, Indiana licensed vocational nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $25,420 per year to more than $52,720 per year in 2010. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- Jasper County - $41,880 per year
- Boone County - $40,430 per year
- Benton County - $38,810 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for licensed vocational nurses:
- Bartholomew County - $35,160 per year
- Howard County - $35,250 per year
- Clay County - $35,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or RN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Indiana
- Certificate in Nursing in Indiana
Curious what studying LVN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||20,890||$38,100||14.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LVN related jobs in Indiana