There are schools offering massage therapy programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Massage Therapy Programs in Indiana
Around 0.1% of Indiana's graduates graduate from massage therapy certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 225 massage therapists graduate from Indiana's 10 massage therapy schools each year.
Alexandria School of Scientific Therapeutics, which was ranked 58th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a massage therapy program. It is located in Alexandria. 44 students graduated with a certificate in massage therapy from Alexandria School of Scientific Therapeutics in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a massage therapy program is Everest College-Merrillville, which is located in Merrillville. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, Everest College-Merrillville graduated 46 students from its massage therapy program.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a massage therapy program is MedTech College, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 3 students graduated with certificate in massage therapy from MedTech College in 2010. Tuition at MedTech College was $14,434 per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana massage therapy school, average tuition will be $4,093 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,257 per year to $14,434 per year. In 2010, the massage therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- MedTech College - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $14,434 per year
- Harrison College-Indianapolis East - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $12,135 per year
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
The following Indiana massage therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
A massage therapy certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of massage therapy graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a massage therapist. Indiana had 880 massage therapists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana massage therapists:
- Jasper County - 150 massage therapists
- St. Joseph County - 80 massage therapists
- Allen County - 40 massage therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of massage therapists in the state of Indiana will grow to 3,410. This would require a 36% growth in the profession.
On average, massage therapists earn $35,410 per year. In 2010, however, some Indiana massage therapists earned as little as less than $16,090 per year or as much as more than $86,630 per year. On average a massage therapist earns the most in the following Indiana counties:
- Allen County - $50,290 per year
- Greene County - $41,800 per year
- Gibson County - $34,230 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for massage therapists are:
- St. Joseph County - $31,810 per year
- Jasper County - $32,650 per year
- Boone County - $33,290 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in massage therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as hospitality or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Massage Therapy in Indiana
- Certificate in Massage Therapy in Indiana
Curious what studying Massage Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are massage therapy related jobs in Indiana