There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Indiana
Approximately 1.7% of graduates in of Indiana receive medical assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 3,066 medical assistants graduate from Indiana's 44 medical assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a medical assistant program is Butler University, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. 94 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Butler University in 2010. Butler University charged in-state students $30,558 in tuition fees per year.
International Business College-Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 61st in the country in 2010. 21 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from International Business College-Indianapolis in 2010. International Business College-Indianapolis charged in-state students $13,370 in tuition fees per year.
Everest College-Merrillville, which was ranked 61st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Merrillville. In 2010, Everest College-Merrillville graduated 302 students from its medical assistant programs. Students at Everest College-Merrillville paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's medical assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,413 per year, though tuition can range from $30,558 per year to $3,257 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Butler University - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $30,558 per year
- University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $22,810 per year
- MedTech College-Greenwood Campus - located in Greenwood, students are charged $14,434 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette - located in Lafayette, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
A medical assistant certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in Indiana go on to work as a medical assistant. Indiana had 11,180 medical assistants in 2010. The largest populations of Indiana medical assistants are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 3,740 medical assistants
- Jasper County - 1,530 medical assistants
- Allen County - 800 medical assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical assistants in the state of Indiana will grow to 13,260. This would require a 33% growth in the profession.
A medical assistant in Indiana earns $27,910 per year on average. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $17,320 per year or as much as more than $39,320 per year in Indiana. On average a medical assistant earns the most in the following Indiana counties:
- Boone County - $29,290 per year
- Madison County - $29,180 per year
- Bartholomew County - $29,110 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- LaPorte County - $25,640 per year
- Blackford County - $25,730 per year
- Howard County - $25,760 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Indiana
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Indiana
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Indiana