There are schools offering ministry degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Ministry Programs in Indiana
Valparaiso University, which is located in Valparaiso, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a ministry program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Valparaiso University's ministry program. The tuition rate at Valparaiso University was $29,582 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a ministry program is Earlham College, which is located in Richmond. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, Earlham College graduated 13 students from its ministry program. The tuition rate at Earlham College was $36,694 per year.
Indiana Wesleyan University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a ministry program. It is located in Marion. In 2010, 67 students graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University ministry program. The tuition rate at Indiana Wesleyan University was $21,214 per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana ministry school, average tuition will be $18,001 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $15,990 per year to $39,919 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana ministry schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana ministry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Oakland City University - located in Oakland City, students are charged $15,990 per year
- Indiana Wesleyan University - located in Marion, students are charged $21,214 per year
- Grace College and Theological Seminary - located in Winona Lake, students are charged $21,700 per year
A ministry degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of ministry graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a minister. Indiana had 890 ministers in 2010. In Indiana, the largest numbers of ministers work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 280 ministers
- Jasper County - 170 ministers
- Adams County - 70 ministers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of ministers is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 980 ministers working in the Indiana then.
On average, a minister earns a salary of $41,590 per year in Indiana state. However, Indiana ministers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,160 per year to more than $117,430 per year in 2010. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for ministers:
- Clay County - $57,660 per year
- Gibson County - $53,650 per year
- Boone County - $47,970 per year
On average, ministers earns the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Crawford County - $28,900 per year
- Jasper County - $32,200 per year
- Adams County - $37,080 per year
For more data regarding a career in ministry in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as christian counseling or theology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Ministry in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Ministry in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Ministry in Indiana
Curious what studying Ministry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Directors, Religious Activities and Education||180||$62,470||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ministry related jobs in Indiana