There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Indiana
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Indiana receive occupational therapy degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 271 occupational therapists graduate from Indiana's 8 occupational therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a occupational therapy program is Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 40th nationwide. 33 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis in 2010. The tuition rate at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis was $7,885 per year.
University of Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. 61 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from University of Indianapolis in 2010. Tuition at University of Indianapolis was $22,220 per year.
University of Southern Indiana, which is located in Evansville, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. 88 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from University of Southern Indiana in 2010. Students at University of Southern Indiana paid $5,740 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Indiana occupational therapy school, average tuition will be $9,648 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,588 per year to $22,220 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana occupational therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $22,220 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Merrillville - located in Merrillville, students are charged $9,815 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $9,227 per year
The occupational therapy schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
An occupational therapy degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana occupational therapy graduates become occupational therapists. If you decide to work as an occupational therapist in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,370 Indiana occupational therapists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana occupational therapists:
- Boone County - 850 occupational therapists
- Gibson County - 190 occupational therapists
- Allen County - 180 occupational therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of occupational therapists in the state of Indiana will grow to 3,410. This would require a 30% growth in the profession.
On average, occupational therapists earn $71,740 per year. However, this number is only an average. occupational therapists in Indiana had varying salaries from $31,280 to $124,450 per year in 2010. An occupational therapist in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Jasper County - $83,780 per year
- Elkhart County - $79,290 per year
- Clay County - $77,120 per year
On average, occupational therapists earns the least in the following Indiana counties:
- St. Joseph County - $54,700 per year
- Greene County - $62,470 per year
- Crawford County - $63,080 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in Indiana
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||1,000||$51,200||127.3%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||70||$29,040||-58.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Indiana