There are schools offering paramedic programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Indiana
Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a paramedic program. It is located in Indianapolis. 6 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis in 2010. Tuition at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis was $7,885 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a paramedic program is Purdue University-Calumet Campus. Purdue University-Calumet Campus, which was ranked 48th in the country in 2010, is located in Hammond. Purdue University-Calumet Campus charged in-state students $6,181 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a paramedic program is Vincennes University. Vincennes University, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Vincennes. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Vincennes University paramedic program. Students at Vincennes University paid $4,588 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Indiana's paramedic schools ranges from $7,885 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,940 per year. The Indiana paramedic schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
- Purdue University-Calumet Campus - located in Hammond, students are charged $6,181 per year
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
A paramedic certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana paramedic graduates become paramedics. 5,680 paramedics were working in Indiana in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana paramedics:
- Boone County - 1,730 paramedics
- Jasper County - 740 paramedics
- Crawford County - 460 paramedics
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,580 paramedics will be working in Indiana state. This would require the number of paramedics to grow by 8%.
A paramedic in Indiana makes an average of $29,890 per year. However, Indiana paramedics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,640 per year to more than $54,970 per year in 2010. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a paramedic are:
- Clay County - $31,740 per year
- St. Joseph County - $31,490 per year
- Boone County - $31,160 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for paramedics are:
- Madison County - $24,780 per year
- Allen County - $26,980 per year
- Jasper County - $28,450 per year
For more data regarding a career in paramedic training in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Indiana
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||5,680||$29,890||16.2%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||350||$22,770||-12.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Indiana