There are schools offering personal training certifications in Indiana!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Indiana
DePauw University, which is located in Greencastle, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 1 students graduated from DePauw University's personal training program. DePauw University charged in-state students $34,905 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a personal training program is Taylor University. Taylor University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Upland. Taylor University charged in-state students $26,383 in tuition fees per year.
Indiana Wesleyan University, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a personal training program. It is located in Marion. 12 students graduated with degree in personal training from Indiana Wesleyan University in 2010. Indiana Wesleyan University charged in-state students $21,214 in tuition fees per year.
Personal training schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $23,787 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $34,905 per year, or as little as $7,714 per year. In 2010, the personal training schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
- Taylor University - located in Upland, students are charged $26,383 per year
The personal training schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Indiana State University - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $7,714 per year
- Indiana Wesleyan University - located in Marion, students are charged $21,214 per year
- University of Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $22,220 per year
A personal training degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a personal trainer. Indiana had 3,370 personal trainers in 2010. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Boone County - 1,150 personal trainers
- Jasper County - 340 personal trainers
- Gibson County - 280 personal trainers
The government projects that the number of personal trainers in Indiana will grow by 27%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,190 personal trainers working in Indiana.
A personal trainer in Indiana makes an average of $32,190 per year. However, Indiana personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,500 per year to more than $120,760 per year in 2010. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Boone County - $41,930 per year
- Jasper County - $39,860 per year
- St. Joseph County - $32,660 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Blackford County - $18,300 per year
- Benton County - $20,560 per year
- Adams County - $21,310 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in personal training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Indiana
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||3,370||$32,190||9.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Indiana