There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Indiana
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Michigan
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Illinois
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Ohio
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Wisconsin
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in West Virginia
- Physical Therapy Assistant Programs in Kentucky
- See All Schools in Indiana
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Indiana graduates receive degrees in physical therapy assisting. That means an estimated 154 physical therapy assistants graduate from Indiana's 8 physical therapy assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a physical therapy assistant program is University of Evansville, which is located in Evansville. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, University of Evansville graduated 14 students from its physical therapy assistant program. Tuition at University of Evansville was $28,076 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a physical therapy assistant program is University of Indianapolis. University of Indianapolis, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, 25 students graduated from University of Indianapolis physical therapy assistant program. Students at University of Indianapolis paid $22,220 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a physical therapy assistant program is University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne, which is located in Fort Wayne. In 2010, it was ranked 76th nationwide. 18 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne in 2010. Tuition at University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne was $22,810 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's physical therapy assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,803 per year, though tuition can range from $28,076 per year to $3,257 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana physical therapy assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
- University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $22,810 per year
- University of Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $22,220 per year
The physical therapy assistant schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana physical therapy assistant graduates become physical therapy assistants. 1,940 physical therapy assistants were working in Indiana in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana physical therapy assistants:
- Boone County - 710 physical therapy assistants
- Jasper County - 210 physical therapy assistants
- Gibson County - 170 physical therapy assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of physical therapy assistants in the state of Indiana will grow to 2,050. This would require a 31% growth in the profession.
On average, physical therapy assistants earn $52,440 per year. However, Indiana physical therapy assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,990 per year to more than $91,850 per year in 2010. On average a physical therapy assistant earns the most in the following Indiana counties:
- Boone County - $54,490 per year
- Clay County - $52,580 per year
- Adams County - $51,990 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for physical therapy assistants are:
- Benton County - $39,270 per year
- Crawford County - $44,880 per year
- Gibson County - $47,870 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Indiana
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,940||$52,440||22.0%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||590||$24,210||-26.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Indiana