There are schools offering public administration degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Public Administration Programs in Indiana
Each year, approximately 0.5% of Indiana graduates receive degrees in public administration. Thus, Indiana's 15 public administration schools put out approximately 915 public administration professionals each year.
Indiana University-Bloomington, which is located in Bloomington, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a public administration program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. 641 students graduated with a degree in public administration from Indiana University-Bloomington in 2010. The tuition rate at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a public administration program is Valparaiso University. Valparaiso University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Valparaiso. Students at Valparaiso University paid $29,582 per year in tuition fees.
Ball State University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a public administration program. It is located in Muncie. 34 students graduated with degree in public administration from Ball State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Ball State University was $8,214 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Indiana's public administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,329 per year, though tuition can range from $39,919 per year to $5,740 per year. In 2010, the public administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College - located in Saint Mary Of The Woods, students are charged $24,500 per year
The public administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana University-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $6,109 per year
- Indiana University-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $6,193 per year
A public administration degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Many Indiana public administration graduates become a chief executive officer, economic development specialist, and community development planner. Indiana had 6,110 public administration professionals in 2010. 1,530 of these public administration professionals were legislators, 4,010 were chief executive officers, and 60 were economic development specialists. The largest populations of Indiana public administration professional are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 1,840 public administration professionals
- Adams County - 540 public administration professionals
- Jasper County - 530 public administration professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of public administration professionals in the state of Indiana will grow to 8,990. This would require a 5% growth in the field.
public administration professionals in Indiana earn $96,925 per year on average. However, Indiana public administration professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,790 per year to more than $149,850 per year in 2010. Public administration professionals in the following Indiana counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Bartholomew County - $222,290 per year
- LaPorte County - $169,510 per year
- Elkhart County - $162,410 per year
On average, public administration professionals earn the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Crawford County - $78,897 per year
- St. Joseph County - $82,433 per year
- Adams County - $95,337 per year
On average, the highest paid public administration professionals in Indiana were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $171,110 per year
- Economic Development Specialist - $87,150 per year
- Legislator - $77,820 per year
The public administration professionals with lowest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Legislator - $77,820 per year
- Community Development Planner - $51,620 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in public administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as sociology or political science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Public Administration in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Public Administration in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Public Administration in Indiana
Curious what studying Public Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Urban and Regional Planners||510||$51,620||6.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are public administration related jobs in Indiana