There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Indiana
Around 0.1% of Indiana's graduates graduate from respiratory therapy degree programs every year. That means an estimated 175 respiratory therapists graduate from Indiana's 13 respiratory therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a respiratory therapy program is Ball State University. Ball State University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Muncie. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Ball State University's respiratory therapy program. Students at Ball State University paid $8,214 per year in tuition fees.
Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis was $7,885 per year.
University of Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. Students at University of Indianapolis paid $22,220 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Indiana's respiratory therapy schools ranges from $22,220 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,870 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- University of Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $22,220 per year
- Ball State University - located in Muncie, students are charged $8,214 per year
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral - located in South Bend, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from an Indiana school... what next?
Most people who graduate from respiratory therapy school in Indiana go on to work as a respiratory therapist. If you decide to work as a respiratory therapist in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,090 Indiana respiratory therapists as of 2010. The largest populations of Indiana respiratory therapists are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 1,140 respiratory therapists
- Jasper County - 370 respiratory therapists
- Allen County - 220 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of Indiana will grow to 3,550. This would require a 20% growth in the profession.
On average, a respiratory therapist earns a salary of $51,430 per year in Indiana state. In 2010, however, some Indiana respiratory therapists earned as little as less than $34,600 per year or as much as more than $68,310 per year. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a respiratory therapist are:
- Jasper County - $53,460 per year
- Howard County - $53,120 per year
- Boone County - $52,880 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Crawford County - $47,300 per year
- Adams County - $47,900 per year
- Delaware County - $49,110 per year
For more data regarding a career in respiratory therapy in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Indiana
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||450||$46,490||-22.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Indiana