There are schools offering RN programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Indiana
Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a RN program. It is located in West Lafayette. 179 students graduated with a degree in RN from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a RN program is Saint Mary's College, which is located in Notre Dame. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, 46 students graduated from Saint Mary's College RN program. Saint Mary's College charged in-state students $31,020 in tuition fees per year.
Valparaiso University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a RN program. It is located in Valparaiso. In 2010, 102 students graduated from Valparaiso University RN program. Valparaiso University charged in-state students $29,582 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana RN school, average tuition will be $11,621 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,257 per year to $31,020 per year. The Indiana RN schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Saint Mary's College - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $31,020 per year
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
The RN schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Richmond - located in Richmond, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton - located in Bloomington, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Southwest - located in Evansville, students are charged $3,257 per year
A RN degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of RN graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a registered nurse. Indiana had 60,300 registered nurses in 2010. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of registered nurses are:
- Boone County - 20,740 registered nurses
- Jasper County - 6,480 registered nurses
- Allen County - 5,160 registered nurses
The government projects that the number of registered nurses in Indiana will grow by 22%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 70,110 registered nurses working in Indiana.
A registered nurse in Indiana earns $57,820 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. registered nurses in Indiana had varying salaries from $34,510 to $142,100 per year in 2010. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a registered nurse are:
- Elkhart County - $69,990 per year
- Jasper County - $61,950 per year
- Boone County - $61,510 per year
On average, registered nurses earns the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Adams County - $50,420 per year
- Delaware County - $50,870 per year
- Allen County - $50,900 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or forensic nursing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Nursing in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Nursing in Indiana
- Certificate in Nursing in Indiana
Curious what studying RN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are RN related jobs in Indiana