There are schools offering social work degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Indiana
Taylor University, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a social work program. It is located in Upland. 15 students graduated with a degree in social work from Taylor University in 2010. Students at Taylor University paid $26,383 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a social work program is Saint Mary's College, which is located in Notre Dame. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Saint Mary's College social work program. Students at Saint Mary's College paid $31,020 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a social work program is Valparaiso University. Valparaiso University, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Valparaiso. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Valparaiso University social work program. Valparaiso University charged in-state students $29,582 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana social work school, average tuition will be $17,842 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,588 per year to $31,020 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana social work schools were charged at the following schools:
- Saint Mary's College - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $31,020 per year
- Valparaiso University - located in Valparaiso, students are charged $29,582 per year
- Taylor University - located in Upland, students are charged $26,383 per year
The social work schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana University-East - located in Richmond, students are charged $6,069 per year
A social work degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of social work graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a social worker. Indiana had 2,320 social workers in 2010. The largest populations of Indiana social workers are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 770 social workers
- Jasper County - 210 social workers
- Allen County - 190 social workers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of social workers is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,640 social workers working in the Indiana then.
On average, a social worker earns a salary of $44,310 per year in Indiana state. In 2010, however, some Indiana social workers earned as little as less than $22,650 per year or as much as more than $62,710 per year. A social worker in the following Indiana counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Boone County - $47,450 per year
- Jasper County - $46,620 per year
- Greene County - $43,370 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for social workers are:
- Delaware County - $36,100 per year
- Gibson County - $37,990 per year
- Adams County - $39,270 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in social work and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Indiana
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||5,130||$35,150||-19.5%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||2,320||$44,310||7.9%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||2,030||$35,340||24.5%|
|Social Workers, All Other||750||$43,660||-34.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Indiana