There are schools offering sociology degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Indiana
Indiana University-Bloomington, which is located in Bloomington, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 99 students graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington's sociology program. Indiana University-Bloomington charged in-state students $9,028 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana with a sociology program is Purdue University-Main Campus, which is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, it was ranked 21st nationwide. In 2010, Purdue University-Main Campus graduated 160 students from its sociology program. Tuition at Purdue University-Main Campus was $9,070 per year.
DePauw University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a sociology program. It is located in Greencastle. 16 students graduated with degree in sociology from DePauw University in 2010. Students at DePauw University paid $34,905 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Indiana sociology school, average tuition will be $18,608 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,588 per year to $39,919 per year. In 2010, the sociology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
The following Indiana sociology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Vincennes University - located in Vincennes, students are charged $4,588 per year
- University of Southern Indiana - located in Evansville, students are charged $5,740 per year
- Indiana University-East - located in Richmond, students are charged $6,069 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in sociology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sociology in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Indiana
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||360||$66,040||5.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Indiana