There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in Indiana
Around 0.0% of Indiana's graduates graduate from sports medicine degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 67 sports medicine professionals graduate from Indiana's 9 sports medicine schools.
DePauw University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Greencastle. In 2010, 1 students graduated from DePauw University's sports medicine program. The tuition rate at DePauw University was $34,905 per year.
Taylor University, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Upland. Tuition at Taylor University was $26,383 per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a sports medicine program is Indiana Wesleyan University. Indiana Wesleyan University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Marion. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University sports medicine program. The tuition rate at Indiana Wesleyan University was $21,214 per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana sports medicine school, average tuition will be $23,787 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,714 per year to $34,905 per year. The Indiana sports medicine schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
- University of Evansville - located in Evansville, students are charged $28,076 per year
- Taylor University - located in Upland, students are charged $26,383 per year
The following Indiana sports medicine schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Indiana State University - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $7,714 per year
- Indiana Wesleyan University - located in Marion, students are charged $21,214 per year
- University of Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $22,220 per year
A sports medicine degree from an Indiana school... what next?
sports medicine graduates in Indiana can go into a variety of professions such as sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. Indiana had 18,970 sports medicine professionals in 2010. 5,140 of these sports medicine professionals were sports medicine physicians, 370 were sports medicine coordinator s, and 1,860 were physical therapy professors. The largest populations of Indiana sports medicine professional are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 7,010 sports medicine professionals
- Jasper County - 1,900 sports medicine professionals
- Allen County - 1,490 sports medicine professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 15,140 sports medicine professionals will be working in Indiana. This would require the number of sports medicine professional to grow by 33%.
On average, sports medicine professionals earn $80,300 per year. However, Indiana sports medicine professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,490 per year to more than $133,710 per year in 2010. On average sports medicine professional earn the most in the following Indiana counties:
- Bartholomew County - $133,370 per year
- Delaware County - $113,590 per year
- LaPorte County - $106,733 per year
On average, sports medicine professionals earn the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Howard County - $44,905 per year
- Adams County - $50,450 per year
- Boone County - $77,612 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $207,210 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - $78,470 per year
- Physical Therapist - $72,380 per year
The sports medicine professionals with lowest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $43,880 per year
- Coach - $27,420 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in sports medicine and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Sports Medicine in Indiana
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Coaches and Scouts||5,240||$27,420||19.1%|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||5,140||$207,210||272.5%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,940||$52,440||22.0%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||1,860||$78,470|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in Indiana