There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Indiana
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Indiana graduates receive certificates in surgical technology. In other words, every year an estimated 329 surgical technologists graduate from Indiana's 16 surgical technologist schools.
Everest College-Merrillville, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Merrillville. In 2010, Everest College-Merrillville graduated 39 students from its surgical technologist program.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a surgical technologist program is Harrison College-Indianapolis East. Harrison College-Indianapolis East, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, Harrison College-Indianapolis East graduated 22 students from its surgical technologist program. Tuition at Harrison College-Indianapolis East was $12,135 per year.
University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne, which is located in Fort Wayne, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 9 students graduated from University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne was $22,810 per year.
Surgical technologist schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $6,625 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $22,810 per year, or as little as $3,257 per year. In 2010, the surgical technologist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- University of Saint Francis-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $22,810 per year
- Harrison College-Fort Wayne - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $12,135 per year
- Harrison College-Indianapolis East - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $12,135 per year
The surgical technologist schools in Indiana that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus - located in Columbus, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo - located in Kokomo, students are charged $3,257 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana surgical technologist graduates become surgical technologists. If you decide to work as a surgical technologist in Indiana, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,280 Indiana surgical technologists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Indiana surgical technologists:
- Boone County - 860 surgical technologists
- Gibson County - 250 surgical technologists
- Jasper County - 200 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in Indiana will grow by 27%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,080 surgical technologists working in Indiana.
A surgical technologist in Indiana earns $39,210 per year on average. However, Indiana surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $25,820 per year to more than $60,390 per year in 2010. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Elkhart County - $45,230 per year
- Jasper County - $42,630 per year
- Gibson County - $39,880 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for surgical technologists are:
- Howard County - $35,890 per year
- Adams County - $35,990 per year
- Allen County - $37,040 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Indiana
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Indiana
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Indiana