There are schools offering teaching degrees in Indiana!
Schools Offering Teaching Programs in Indiana
Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a teaching program. It is located in Bloomington. In 2010, 1,165 students graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington's teaching program. Tuition at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a teaching program is Purdue University-Main Campus. Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in West Lafayette. 529 students graduated with degree in teaching from Purdue University-Main Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at Purdue University-Main Campus was $9,070 per year.
DePauw University, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Indiana that has a teaching program. It is located in Greencastle. In 2010, DePauw University graduated 9 students from its teaching programs. DePauw University charged in-state students $34,905 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Indiana teaching school, average tuition will be $14,748 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,257 per year to $39,919 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana teaching schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- Earlham College - located in Richmond, students are charged $36,694 per year
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
The following Indiana teaching schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral - located in South Bend, students are charged $3,257 per year
A teaching degree from an Indiana school... what next?
teaching graduates in Indiana can go into a variety of professions such as primary school education administrator, education administrator, business teacher, computer science teacher, and mathematical science teacher. Indiana had 71,640 teachers in 2010. 1,770 of these teachers were english teachers, 4,200 were primary school education administrators, and 2,250 were education administrators. In Indiana, the largest numbers of teacher work in the following counties:
- Boone County - 19,420 teachers
- Jasper County - 7,020 teachers
- Adams County - 4,840 teachers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 14,620 teachers will be working in Indiana. This would require the number of teacher to grow by 12%.
On average, teachers earn $60,993 per year. But, salaries for teacher can vary. In 2010, teacher made as little as less than $15,670 per year or as much as more than $150,470 per year in Indiana. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for teachers are:
- Boone County - $61,369 per year
- St. Joseph County - $60,482 per year
- Clay County - $60,420 per year
On average, teachers earn the least in the following Indiana counties:
- Crawford County - $50,361 per year
- Howard County - $51,992 per year
- Delaware County - $52,000 per year
The teachers with highest average salaries in Indiana were:
- Education Administrator - $81,040 per year
- Primary School Education Administrator - $80,460 per year
- Computer Science Teacher - $79,310 per year
On average, the lowest paid teachers in Indiana were:
- Middle School Teacher - $47,660 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $47,070 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in teaching and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as early childhood education or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Teaching in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Teaching in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Teaching in Indiana
- Doctoral Degree in Teaching in Indiana
- Certificate in Teaching in Indiana
Curious what studying Teaching gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||28,030||$48,550||0.3%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||12,210||$47,660||5.6%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,200||$80,460||10.2%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||3,600||$48,190||18.8%|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||3,190||$64,480||11.1%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||2,680||$47,070||13.6%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,650||$48,810||113.7%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||2,250||$81,040||45.2%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,230||$75,910||19.9%|
|Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,230||$60,020||68.9%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||1,860||$78,470|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||1,770||$59,140||51.3%|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||1,310||$66,860||31.0%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||1,050||$48,680||1.0%|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||860||$79,310||2.4%|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School||300||$51,960||0.0%|
|Social Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary, All Other||60||$57,110|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are teaching related jobs in Indiana