There are schools offering veterinary technician programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering Veterinary Technology Programs in Indiana
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Indiana graduates receive degrees in veterinary technology. Thus, Indiana's 6 veterinary technician schools put out approximately 235 veterinary technicians each year.
Purdue University-Main Campus, which was ranked 21st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Indiana that has a veterinary technician program. It is located in West Lafayette. In 2010, Purdue University-Main Campus graduated 57 students from its veterinary technician program. Students at Purdue University-Main Campus paid $9,070 per year in tuition fees.
International Business College-Indianapolis, which was ranked 61st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a veterinary technician program. It is located in Indianapolis. 47 students graduated with degree in veterinary technician from International Business College-Indianapolis in 2010. The tuition rate at International Business College-Indianapolis was $13,370 per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a veterinary technician program is International Business College. International Business College, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Wayne. In 2010, 60 students graduated from International Business College veterinary technician program. International Business College charged in-state students $13,080 in tuition fees per year.
Veterinary technician schools in Indiana, charge students an average tuition of $10,979 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,370 per year, or as little as $8,992 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Indiana veterinary technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- International Business College-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $13,370 per year
- International Business College - located in Fort Wayne, students are charged $13,080 per year
- Harrison College-Northwest - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $12,135 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Indiana veterinary technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Brown Mackie College-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $8,992 per year
- Purdue University-Main Campus - located in West Lafayette, students are charged $9,070 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Michigan City - located in Michigan City, students are charged $9,227 per year
A veterinary technician degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana veterinary technician graduates become veterinary technicians. In 2010, there were 1,030 veterinary technicians working in Indiana. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of veterinary technicians are:
- Boone County - 370 veterinary technicians
- Jasper County - 110 veterinary technicians
- Gibson County - 80 veterinary technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of veterinary technicians in the state of Indiana will grow to 1,340. This would require a 37% growth in the profession.
On average, veterinary technicians earn $28,930 per year. However, Indiana veterinary technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,480 per year to more than $55,670 per year in 2010. The counties in Indiana with the highest average salary for a veterinary technician are:
- Allen County - $32,530 per year
- Blackford County - $31,530 per year
- Benton County - $31,290 per year
The Indiana counties with the lowest average salary for veterinary technicians are:
- Gibson County - $22,070 per year
- Jasper County - $27,630 per year
- Boone County - $28,950 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Indiana statistics regarding a career in veterinary technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Indiana
Curious what studying Veterinary Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||1,030||$28,930||-14.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary technician related jobs in Indiana