There are schools offering writing classes in Indiana!
Schools Offering Writing Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana that has a writing program is Indiana University-Bloomington. Indiana University-Bloomington, which was ranked 18th in the country in 2010, is located in Bloomington. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington's writing program. The tuition rate at Indiana University-Bloomington was $9,028 per year.
DePauw University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Indiana that has a writing program. It is located in Greencastle. In 2010, 38 students graduated from DePauw University writing program. DePauw University charged in-state students $34,905 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Indiana that has a writing program is Butler University. Butler University, which was ranked 30th in the country in 2010, is located in Indianapolis. 9 students graduated with degree in writing from Butler University in 2010. Students at Butler University paid $30,558 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Indiana's writing schools ranges from $39,919 per year to $8,214 per year. But, the average tuition is $25,753 per year. In 2010, the writing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- University of Notre Dame - located in Notre Dame, students are charged $39,919 per year
- DePauw University - located in Greencastle, students are charged $34,905 per year
- Wabash College - located in Crawfordsville, students are charged $31,050 per year
The writing schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Ball State University - located in Muncie, students are charged $8,214 per year
- Indiana University-Bloomington - located in Bloomington, students are charged $9,028 per year
- Indiana Wesleyan University - located in Marion, students are charged $21,214 per year
A writing degree from an Indiana school... what next?
A large number of Indiana writing graduates become writers. 690 writers were working in Indiana in 2010. The largest populations of Indiana writers are working in the following counties:
- Boone County - 330 writers
- Jasper County - 60 writers
- Allen County - 50 writers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of writers is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,380 writers working in the Indiana then.
A writer in Indiana makes an average of $40,560 per year. However, Indiana writers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,880 per year to more than $85,470 per year in 2010. On average a writer earns the most in the following Indiana counties:
- Greene County - $48,270 per year
- Allen County - $46,210 per year
- Boone County - $42,100 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for writers:
- Jasper County - $25,900 per year
- St. Joseph County - $36,550 per year
- Boone County - $42,100 per year
For more data regarding a career in writing in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as writing or communications, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Writing in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in Writing in Indiana
- Master's Degree in Writing in Indiana
Curious what studying Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Writers and Authors||690||$40,560||109.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are writing related jobs in Indiana