There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Indiana!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Indiana
The top-ranked school in Indiana with a x ray technician program is Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis, which is located in Indianapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 40th nationwide. In 2010, 34 students graduated from Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis' x ray technician program. Tuition at Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis was $7,885 per year.
The second-ranked school in Indiana that has a x ray technician program is University of Southern Indiana. University of Southern Indiana, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Evansville. 54 students graduated with degree in x ray technician from University of Southern Indiana in 2010. Students at University of Southern Indiana paid $5,740 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Indiana with a x ray technician program is Indiana University-South Bend, which is located in South Bend. In 2010, it was ranked 48th nationwide. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Indiana University-South Bend x ray technician program. Students at Indiana University-South Bend paid $6,290 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Indiana's x ray technician schools ranges from $7,885 per year to $3,257 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,249 per year. In 2010, the following Indiana x ray technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $7,885 per year
- Indiana University-South Bend - located in South Bend, students are charged $6,290 per year
- Indiana University-Northwest - located in Gary, students are charged $6,193 per year
The x ray technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Indiana were:
- Ivy Tech Community College-Central Indiana - located in Indianapolis, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central - located in Muncie, students are charged $3,257 per year
- Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley - located in Terre Haute, students are charged $3,257 per year
A x ray technician degree from an Indiana school... what next?
The highest percentage of x ray technician graduates in Indiana pursue careers as a x ray technician. In 2010, there were 5,020 x ray technicians working in Indiana. The Indiana counties with the largest populations of x ray technicians are:
- Boone County - 1,490 x ray technicians
- Jasper County - 590 x ray technicians
- Allen County - 400 x ray technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of x ray technicians in the state of Indiana will grow to 5,990. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
A x ray technician in Indiana makes an average of $50,190 per year. The following counties in Indiana have the highest average salaries for x ray technicians:
- Boone County - $53,190 per year
- Howard County - $53,160 per year
- Jasper County - $52,310 per year
The following counties in Indiana have the lowest average salaries for x ray technicians:
- Gibson County - $43,310 per year
- Clay County - $45,980 per year
- Crawford County - $46,380 per year
For more data regarding a career in x ray technology in Indiana and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Indiana
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Indiana
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Indiana
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||4,900||$50,630|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Indiana