There are schools offering accounting degrees in Iowa!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a accounting program is Luther College, which is located in Decorah. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 24 students graduated with a degree in accounting from Luther College in 2010. Tuition at Luther College was $33,480 per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa with a accounting program is Coe College, which is located in Cedar Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Coe College accounting program. Tuition at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
Wartburg College, which is located in Waverly, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a accounting program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Wartburg College graduated 15 students from its accounting programs. Tuition at Wartburg College was $29,020 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's accounting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,186 per year, though tuition can range from $33,480 per year to $3,120 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Iowa accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Coe College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $30,860 per year
- Wartburg College - located in Waverly, students are charged $29,020 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Iowa accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Kirkwood Community College - located in Cedar Rapids, students are charged $3,540 per year
An accounting degree from an Iowa school... what next?
A large number of Iowa accounting graduates become accountants. In 2010, there were 9,580 accountants working in Iowa. The largest populations of Iowa accountants are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 3,240 accountants
- Scott County - 1,320 accountants
- Benton County - 1,300 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 14,270 accountants working in the Iowa then.
On average, accountants earn $60,840 per year. However, this number is only an average. accountants in Iowa had varying salaries from $32,230 to $98,780 per year in 2010. On average an accountant earns the most in the following Iowa counties:
- Dallas County - $66,060 per year
- Scott County - $63,590 per year
- Story County - $62,220 per year
The following counties in Iowa have the lowest average salaries for accountants:
- Adair County - $50,690 per year
- Buena Vista County - $51,600 per year
- Johnson County - $54,660 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Iowa
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Iowa
- Certificate in Accounting in Iowa
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||21,050||$31,190||-7.5%|
|Accountants and Auditors||9,580||$60,840||0.6%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||4,510||$32,040||-20.0%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||1,270||$34,890||-27.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Iowa