There are schools offering acting classes in Iowa!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Iowa
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a acting program is Luther College, which is located in Decorah. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 5 students graduated with a degree in acting from Luther College in 2010. Luther College charged in-state students $33,480 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Iowa that has a acting program is Cornell College. Cornell College, which was ranked 31st in the country in 2010, is located in Mount Vernon. In 2010, Cornell College graduated 8 students from its acting program. Students at Cornell College paid $31,050 per year in tuition fees.
Coe College, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a acting program. It is located in Cedar Rapids. 7 students graduated with degree in acting from Coe College in 2010. The tuition rate at Coe College was $30,860 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Iowa's acting schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $24,355 per year, though tuition can range from $37,482 per year to $7,008 per year. In 2010, the following Iowa acting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Grinnell College - located in Grinnell, students are charged $37,482 per year
- Luther College - located in Decorah, students are charged $33,480 per year
- Cornell College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $31,050 per year
The following Iowa acting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of Northern Iowa - located in Cedar Falls, students are charged $7,008 per year
- University of Iowa - located in Iowa City, students are charged $7,417 per year
- Waldorf College - located in Forest City, students are charged $18,760 per year
An acting degree from an Iowa school... what next?
Most people who graduate from acting school in Iowa go on to work as an actor. If you decide to work as an actor in Iowa, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 160 Iowa actors as of 2010. The largest populations of Iowa actors are working in the following counties:
An actor in Iowa makes an average of $0 per year.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Iowa statistics regarding a career in acting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Iowa
- Master's Degree in Acting in Iowa
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||400||$49,820||21.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Iowa