There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Iowa!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Iowa
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Iowa receive administrative assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 351 administrative assistants graduate from Iowa's 19 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Iowa with a administrative assistant program is Dordt College, which is located in Sioux Center. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. 5 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from Dordt College in 2010. Students at Dordt College paid $23,180 per year in tuition fees.
Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Iowa that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Ankeny. In 2010, Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary graduated 9 students from its administrative assistant program. Students at Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary paid $13,814 per year in tuition fees.
Northwest Iowa Community College, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Iowa that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Sheldon. In 2010, Northwest Iowa Community College graduated 7 students from its administrative assistant programs. The tuition rate at Northwest Iowa Community College was $4,620 per year.
If you choose to attend a Iowa administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $5,929 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,120 per year to $23,180 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Iowa were:
- Dordt College - located in Sioux Center, students are charged $23,180 per year
- Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary - located in Ankeny, students are charged $13,814 per year
- AIB College of Business - located in Des Moines, students are charged $13,167 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Iowa that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Indian Hills Community College - located in Ottumwa, students are charged $3,120 per year
- Western Iowa Tech Community College - located in Sioux City, students are charged $3,204 per year
- Eastern Iowa Community College District - located in Davenport, students are charged $3,540 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from an Iowa school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in Iowa pursue careers as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in Iowa, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,080 Iowa administrative assistants as of 2010. The largest populations of Iowa administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Dallas County - 3,400 administrative assistants
- Scott County - 1,200 administrative assistants
- Appanoose County - 1,180 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Iowa will grow by 12%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 15,400 administrative assistants working in Iowa.
An administrative assistant in Iowa makes an average of $40,010 per year. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in Iowa had varying salaries from $21,710 to $61,300 per year in 2010. The following counties in Iowa have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Story County - $44,900 per year
- Dallas County - $44,720 per year
- Johnson County - $41,890 per year
An administrative assistant in the following counties in Iowa make the lowest salaries on average:
- Buena Vista County - $33,310 per year
- Appanoose County - $33,500 per year
- Allamakee County - $35,220 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Iowa and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Iowa
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Iowa
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Iowa
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||30,990||$28,150||-3.1%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||20,500||$28,680||6.1%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||10,080||$40,010||-21.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Iowa